Tuesday, July 30, 2013

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE AN ALTAR SERVER???

I take this opportunity to invite you to consider helping our parish in its Liturgical Celebrations as an Altar Server. Altar Serving is a vital element to the Liturgy being celebrated with respect, reverence and dignity. Being an Altar Server allows you the privilege of close proximity to God’s Altar where Jesus’ Body and Blood are shared with the people. This requires of you responsibility and a willingness to always be of help to the Priests and Deacons, and thus to the People of God here in St. Joseph Parish.




I would ask that you consider our invitation carefully. Namely, that you look at all of the things you are involved with already (sports, dance lessons, etc.), and ask the mature question, with your parent’s help, can I do this and be committed to serving faithfully? Will I be able to serve when I am needed?



I am very happy to invite you to serve in our Parish. However, I need commitment and a willingness on your part to be available when needed. If you or your parents have any questions, please call my office at 973-761-5933 ext. 13 or by email at: tomasino401@yahoo.com. Please come to our TRAINING SESSION on Saturday, August 17 at 3 P.M. in the church.



Thank you for your consideration of this invitation into service. May God, who loves us unconditionally, always bless you and protect you. I am,



Fr. Manolo Punzalan

No comments: